Volunteers assist patients waiting in the Baldwin Building patient rooms. They improve patient satisfaction by providing accurate waiting information as well as offering magazines and conversation.
- Friendly, welcoming and positive attitude
- Able and willing to refer patient questions about conditions or medications directly to staff
- Able to treat diverse patients and their families with respect and empathy
- Emotionally able to interact with very ill children
- Available to listen if patients and families desire to talk
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Able to stand and walk around