The withdrawal method of contraception can help prevent pregnancy. Among various benefits, the withdrawal method:
- Is free and readily available
- Has no side effects
- Doesn't require a fitting or prescription
Some couples choose to use the withdrawal method because they don't want to use other contraceptive methods.
March 05, 2015
- Hatcher RA, et al. Coitus interruptus (withdrawal). In: Contraceptive Technology. 20th ed. New York, N.Y.: Ardent Media; 2011.
- Zieman M. Overview of contraception. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 29, 2015.
- Lentz GM, et al. Family planning. In: Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 29, 2015.
- Dude A, et al. Use of withdrawal and unintended pregnancy among females 15-24 years of age. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2013;122:595.