Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
Successful Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer Inspires Richard Carvajal to Reach Out
In August 2014, Richard Carvajal, then 43, was in the best shape of his life. He was excited as he left his home in Bainbridge, Georgia, to compete in his first Olympic-distance triathlon. But as he drove across Alabama on his way to the race site, he started feeling sharp abdominal pain. ?It kept getting [...]
Recovery Turns Into Cancer Battle for Avid Runner
An avid runner, Judi Zitiello, 66, was forced into a six-week hiatus when she developed a meniscus tear in early 2014. The?retired financial executive?was?always active ? exercising, hosting dinner parties, and volunteering to run the JT Townsend [...]
May 24, 2017
- Delaney CP. Pancreaticoduodenectomy. In: Netter's Surgical Anatomy and Approaches. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 22, 2017.
- Townsend CM Jr, et al. Exocrine pancreas. In: Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 20th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 22, 2017.
- Reber HA. Surgical resection of lesions of the head of the pancreas. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 22, 2017.
- Croome KP, et al. Total laparoscopic pancreaticoduodenectomy for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: Oncologic advantages over open approaches? Annals of Surgery. 2014;260:633.
- Asbun HJ, et al. Laparoscopic vs open pancreaticoduodenectomy: Overall outcomes and severity of complications using the Accordion Severity Grading System. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2012;215:810.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 9, 2017.
- Truty MJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 22, 2017.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Carcinoma of the pancreas. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 3, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Pancreatic cancer. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Pancreatic SPOREs. National Cancer Institute. http://trp.cancer.gov/spores/pancreatic.htm. Accessed. June 10, 2016.
- Thiels CA, et al. Outcomes of pancreaticoduodenectomy for pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: Are combined procedures justified? Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 2016;20:891.
- Ivanics T, et al. Small cell carcinoma of the pancreas: A surgical disease. Pancreas. 2016;45:1461.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Surgery of the extrahepatic bile duct, duodenum, papilla, or pancreas. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Bergquist JR, et al. Implications of CA19-9 elevation for survival, staging and treatment sequencing in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: A national cohort analysis. Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2016;114:475.
- Katz MH, et al. Preoperative modified FOLFIRINOX treatment followed by Capecitabine-based chemoradiation for borderline resectable pancreatic cancer: Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology Trial A021101. JAMA Surgery. 2016;151:e161137. Accessed March 29, 2017.
- Shubert CR, et al. Overall survival is increased among stage III pancreatic adenocarcinoma patients receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy compared to surgery first and adjuvant chemotherapy: An intention to treat analysis of the National Cancer Database. Surgery. 2016;160:1080.
- Bergquist JR, et al. Risk by indication for pancreaticoduodenectomy in patients 80 years and older: A study from the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program. HPB. 2016;18:900.