Considering VBAC? A Mayo Clinic specialist answers important questions about vaginal birth after cesarean.
Curious about what role the placenta plays in pregnancy? Find out how the placenta helps your baby grow.
How close is too close when it comes to timing pregnancies? Consider the impact pregnancy spacing can have on your health and your baby's health.
Nov. 06, 2012
- Wells CE, et al. Choosing the route of delivery after cesarean birth. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed March 1, 2012.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Practice Bulletins - Obstetrics. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 115: Vaginal birth after previous Cesarean delivery. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2010;116:450.
- Berghella V. Cesarean delivery: Preoperative issues. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed March 1, 2012.
- Vaginal birth after Cesarean delivery: Deciding on a trial of labor after Cesarean delivery. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/Search?Keyword=vbac. Accessed March 1, 2012.
- Pregnancy: Labor and birth. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health. http://www.womenshealth.gov/pregnancy/childbirth-beyond/labor-birth.cfm. Accessed March 1, 2012.
- Smith JF, et al. Rupture of the unscarred uterus. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed March 1, 2012.
- Stothers L, et al. Risk factors for the development of stress urinary incontinence in women. Current Urology Reports. 2011;12:363.
- Handa VL. Pelvic floor disorders associated with pregnancy and childbirth. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed March 2, 2012.
- Harms RW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 21, 2012.