- Experience. Over the years, Mayo Clinic doctors have helped thousands of people begin or expand their families.
- Advanced technology. At Mayo Clinic, male infertility is treated by a urologist with training in both traditional microsurgical and robotic-assisted infertility techniques. Procedures performed include vasectomy reversal, varicocelectomy, microscopic testicular sperm extraction (microTESE), testicular sperm extraction (TESE), microepididymal sperm aspiration (MESA), testicular biopsy, vasography and transrectal ultrasonography with seminal vesiculography, among others.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for urology in the U.S. News & World Report rankings. Mayo Clinic reproductive endocrinologists and male fertility experts are fellowship trained and are leaders in their field. They will directly work with you to improve your chances for fertility and successful conception — whether by medication, surgery, in vitro fertilization (IVF) or another method.
March 11, 2016
- Dickey RM, et al. The evolution of vasectomy reversal. Current Urology Reports. 2015;16:40.
- What is vasectomy reversal? Urology Care Foundation. http://www.urologyhealth.org/urologic-conditions/vasectomy-reversal. Accessed Oct. 8, 2015.
- Wein AJ, et al., eds. Surgical management of male infertility. In: Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 8, 2015.
- Rayala BZ, et al. Common questions about vasectomy. American Family Physician. 2013;88:757.
- Wespes E. Vasectomy in male contraception and its reversal. European Urology Supplements. 2014;13:68.
- Smith JA, et al. Vasovasostomy and vasoepididymostomy. In: Hinman's Atlas of Urologic Surgery. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 8, 2015.
- Ongaro TJ. Overview of vasectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 20, 2015.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Vasectomy reversal. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Trost LW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 5, 2015.
- Castle EP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ. Dec. 6, 2015.