Microscopic vasectomy reversals are currently performed at the Mayo Clinic campus in Minnesota by Landon Trost, M.D. who specializes in male infertility. He underwent urologic training at Mayo Clinic followed by fellowship training in both traditional microscopic and robotic-assisted vasectomy reversal techniques. Dr. Trost frequently publishes and lectures on topics of male infertility and sexual dysfunction. His team works closely with Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility in order to provide complete and thorough care for both the male and female partners.
Dr. Trost has achieved excellent outcomes with vasectomy reversal, including pregnancies occurring as early as one month following the procedure in select cases. As success rates depend on various factors, including time since vasectomy and partner age, Dr. Trost reviews and discusses anticipated success rates at the time of initial consultation. To manage costs for patients undergoing infertility evaluation, Dr. Trost and his team make personalized recommendations and discuss anticipated costs prior to ordering additional testing.
Aug. 07, 2014
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1445/0.html. Accessed Dec. 6, 2012.
- Practice Committee of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. Vasectomy reversal. Fertility and Sterility. 2008;90(suppl):S78.
- Vasectomy reversal. Urology Care Foundation of the American Urological Association. http://www.urologyhealth.org/urology/index.cfm?article=54. Accessed Dec. 13, 2012.
- Lipshultz LI, et al. Techniques for vasectomy reversal. Urologic Clinics of North America. 2009;36:375.
- Hatcher RA, et al. Contraceptive Technology. 20th ed. New York, N.Y.: Ardent Media; 2011:465.
- Horovitz D, et al. Vasectomy reversal provides long-term pain relief for men with the post-vasectomy pain syndrome. Journal of Urology. 2012;187:613.
- Castle EP (expert opinion). Phoenix, Ariz.: Mayo Clinic. December 20, 2012.
- Trost LW (expert opinion). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Clinic. July 21, 2014.