Are you worried you might have chlamydia? Find out how this common sexually transmitted infection is diagnosed and treated.
Prostatitis, inflammation of the prostate gland, can cause significant male pelvic pain and other symptoms.
Retrograde ejaculation occurs when semen enters the bladder instead of emerging through the penis during orgasm. Find out about symptoms and treatment.
You normally lose about 10 cups (2.4 liters) of water every day — much more during exercise or illness. Learn how to stay hydrated.
Infant jaundice, a yellowing of the skin and eyes, is common after birth. Careful monitoring and treatment is important for preventing rare, but serious, complications.
Anaphylaxis is the most serious type of allergic reaction. It often occurs rapidly after exposure to an allergen and may be life-threatening.
Treatments and drugs
Oct. 19, 2016
- Urinalysis. Lab Tests Online. https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/urinalysis. Accessed Aug. 8, 2016.
- What is a urinalysis (also called a "urine test")? National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/what-urinalysis. Accessed Aug. 8, 2016.
- McKean SC, et al. Urinalysis and urine electrolytes. In: Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine. New York, N.Y: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Aug. 8, 2016.
- Wu X. Urinalysis: A review of methods and procedures. Critical Care Nursing Clinics of North America. 2010;22:121.
- Liu JJ, et al. Urinalysis in the evaluation of hematuria. JAMA. 2016;315:2726.