Aging isn't glamorous, but you're not necessarily at the mercy of Mother Nature. Find out how healthy lifestyle choices can influence the way you age.
Can't go like you used to? Prostate gland enlargement can make urination difficult. Treatments for this common condition range from self-care to surgery.
Jul. 23, 2013
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1445/0.html. Accessed April 11, 2013.
- Management of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). American Urological Association. http://www.auanet.org. Accessed April 11, 2013.
- d'Ancona FC. Nonablative minimally invasive thermal therapies in the treatment of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia. Current Opinion in Urology. 2008;18:21.
- Cunningham GR, et al. Surgical and other invasive therapies of benign prostatic hyperplasia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 11, 2013.
- Update on AUA guideline on the management of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Journal of Urology. 2011;185:1793.
- Preparing for your operation and recovery. American College of Surgeons. http://www.facs.org/patienteducation/surgery.html. Accessed April 11, 2013.
- Prostate enlargement: Benign prostatic hyperplasia. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/KUDiseases/pubs/prostateenlargement/index.aspx. Accessed April 11, 2013.
- Hoffman RM et al. Microwave thermotherapy for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004135.pub3/abstract. Accessed April 26, 2013.