By removing excess skin and fat and restoring your abdominal wall, a tummy tuck can give your abdomen a more toned appearance.
Tummy tuck results are usually long lasting. Keep in mind that maintaining a stable weight is crucial for retaining your results.
Aug. 20, 2016
- Tummy tuck. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/tummy-tuck.html#content. Accessed June 22, 2016.
- Neligan PC, et al. Abdominoplasty procedures. In: Plastic Surgery. 3rd ed. London, England: Elsevier Saunders; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 22, 2016.
- Tummy tuck guide. American Board of Plastic Surgery. http://www.americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org/procedure-learning-center/body/tummy-tuck-guide/. Accessed June 22, 2016.
- Grieco M, et al. Analysis of complications in postbariatric abdominoplasty: Our experience. Plastic Surgery International. 2015;2015:209173.
- Matarasso A, et al. Abdominoplasty Classic Principles and Technique. Clinics in Plastic Surgery. 2014;41:655.
- Body contouring surgical procedures physician's guide. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/for-medical-professionals/resources-and-education/publications/physicians-guide-to-cosmetic-surgery/body-contouring-surgical-procedures.html. Accessed June 22, 2016.
- Matarasso A, et al. Combined breast surgery and abdominoplasty: Strategies for success. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2015;135:849e.
- Nelligan P, et al. Abdominoplasty. In: Core Procedures in Plastic Surgery. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 22, 2016.
- Lemaine V (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 7, 2016.