By removing excess skin and fat and restoring your abdominal wall, a tummy tuck can give your abdomen a more toned appearance.
Tummy tuck results are usually long lasting. Keep in mind that maintaining a stable weight is crucial for retaining your results.
July 25, 2013
- Mang WL. Manual of Aesthetic Surgery. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: Springer; 2010:379.
- Abdominoplasty. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/tummy-tuck.html. Accessed April 16, 2013.
- Shermak MA. Body contouring. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. 2012;129:963e.
- Neligan PC, et al. Plastic Surgery. Vol. 2. 3rd ed. London, England: Elsevier Saunders; 2013:568.
- Buck DW, et al. An evidence-based approach to abdominoplasty. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2010;126:2189.
- Logan JM, et al. Plastic surgery: Understanding abdominoplasty and liposuction. AORN Journal. 2008;88:587l.
- Cunningham FG, et al. Williams Obstetrics. 23rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=46. Accessed May 8, 2013.
- Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary. 32nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: W.B. Saunders; 2011. http://dorlands.com/index.jsp. Accessed May 8, 2013.
- Saint-Cyr M (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 9, 2013.
- Jacobson SR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 28, 2013.