It might take several weeks for you to experience noticeable improvement in urinary symptoms.
Aug. 27, 2016
- Cunningham GR, et al. Transurethral procedures for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 17, 2016.
- Wein AJ, et al., eds. Minimally invasive and endoscopic management of benign prostatic hyperplasia. In: Campbell-Walsh Urology. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 17, 2016.
- Prostate enlargement: Benign prostatic hyperplasia. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/KUDiseases/pubs/prostateenlargement/index.aspx. Accessed July 20, 2016.
- Taylor BL, et al. Electrosurgical transurethral resection of the prostate and transurethral incision of the prostate (monopolar techniques). The Canadian Journal of Urology. 2015; 1(suppl):24.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Care following transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP). Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
Transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP)