- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, people considering transoral robotic surgery are cared for by a multidisciplinary team of experts that collaborate on care. Your team may be led by an ear, nose and throat specialist (otorhinolaryngologist) and include radiologists, pathologists, oncologists and radiation oncologists.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic surgeons have used transoral techniques to remove cancer for decades. This depth of experience helps doctors identify the surgical approach that's exactly right for you.
- Expertise. Transoral robotic surgery is a complex procedure that requires highly skilled and extensively trained surgeons. Mayo Clinic doctors are specially trained in robotic surgery procedures in order to provide you with the best care.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to design a treatment plan that meets your needs as a whole person. You and your doctor can consider a wide variety of treatments.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Why choose Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
July 08, 2014
- Cohen JI, et al., eds. Atlas of Head and Neck Surgery. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 18, 2014.
- Moore EJ, et al. Transoral robotic surgery of oropharynx: Clinical and anatomic considerations. Clinical Anatomy. 2012;25:135.
- Moore EJ, et al. Long-term functional and oncologic results of transoral robotic surgery for orophayrngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2012;87:219.
- Genden EM, et al. Transoral robotic surgery: Role in the management of upper aerodigestive tract tumors. Head Neck. 2012;34:886.
- Moore EJ, et al. Transoral robotic surgery for oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma: A prospective study of feasibility and functional outcomes. The Laryngoscope. 2009;119:2156.