Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic cardiologists and cardiac surgeons have experience and expertise evaluating and treating people who may need transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
Mayo doctors perform about 200 transcatheter aortic valve replacements (TAVR) each year.
- Treatment expertise. Mayo doctors in the Valvular Heart Disease Clinic have extensive experience and expertise evaluating and treating people with aortic valve stenosis and other heart valve diseases. Cardiologists have experience evaluating people with aortic stenosis and determining whether TAVR or another treatment is most appropriate.
- Research. Doctors and researchers at Mayo Clinic are involved in developing and testing advanced technology and techniques used to care for people with heart valve disease.
Mayo Clinic campuses are nationally recognized for expertise in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery:
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minnesota, is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
With Mayo Clinic's emphasis on collaborative care, specialists at each of the campuses — Minnesota, Arizona and Florida — interact very closely with colleagues at the other campuses and the Mayo Clinic Health System.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiac surgery and cardiovascular diseases departments' expertise and rankings.