- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, cardiovascular disease specialists, such as interventional cardiologists and noninvasive cardiologists, work with cardiac surgeons, radiologists, anesthesiologists and nurses to care for people undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Cardiologists at Mayo Clinic have received specialized training and have extensive experience performing transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Procedures performed by doctors who have more experience in performing transcatheter aortic valve replacement tend to have better outcomes.
- Latest technology. Mayo Clinic doctors have the latest imaging technology available to help them in planning and performing transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Accurate planning before the procedure helps reduce the risk of complications.
- Comprehensive evaluation. At Mayo Clinic, people with aortic stenosis are evaluated by a multidisciplinary team of specialists to determine the most appropriate treatment. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement is one of several treatment options available at Mayo Clinic.
- Research. Doctors and researchers at Mayo Clinic are involved in developing and testing the latest technology and techniques used to care for people with heart valve disease.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
June 06, 2013