Stickler syndrome can affect multiple parts of your body, including your eyes, face, ears, bones and joints.
Aug. 17, 2016
- What is a tracheostomy? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/trach. Accessed March 7, 2016.
- Hall JB, et al. Tracheostomy. In: Principles of Critical Care. 4th ed. New York: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2015. http:// accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 9, 2016.
- Hyzy RC. Overview of tracheostomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 9, 2016.
- Bair AE. Emergent surgical cricothyrotomy (cricothyroidotomy). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 9, 2016.
- Airway establishment and control. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/critical-care-medicine/respiratory-arrest/airway-establishment-and-control. Accessed March 11, 2016.
- Flint PW, et al. Tracheotomy. In: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 15, 2016.
- Clinical consensus statement: Tracheostomy care. American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery. http://oto.sagepub.com/content/148/1/6. Accessed March 15, 2016.