Obstructive sleep apnea is the most common type of sleep apnea — a condition that causes you to repeatedly stop breathing while you sleep.
Stickler syndrome can affect multiple parts of your body, including your eyes, face, ears, bones and joints.
Sept. 04, 2013
- Tracheostomy. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/trach. Accessed May 30, 2013.
- Hall JB, et al. Principles of Critical Care. 3rd ed. New York: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2005. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=2287028. Accessed May 30, 2013.
- Hyzy RC. Overview of tracheostomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 30, 2013.
- Bair AE. Emergent surgical cricothyrotomy (cricothyroidotomy). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 30, 2013.
- Flint PW, et al. Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05283-2..X0001-8--TOP&isbn=978-0-323-05283-2&uniqId=230100505-57. Accessed May 17, 2013.
- Kasperbauer JL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 10, 2013.