Each year, Mayo Clinic provides total parenteral nutrition to approximately 1,200 people, some of whom receive treatment at home.
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors have experience in several parenteral feeding methods. Your doctor will work with you and your caregivers to find the best option. Follow-up exams with your doctor and ongoing support from other care team members can help you achieve successful parenteral nutrition at home.
- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, gastroenterologists, surgeons, pharmacists, internal medicine specialists, dietitians and nurse specialists work as a team to provide the care you need.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for digestive disorders.
May 05, 2017
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Enteral and parenteral nutrition therapy. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Dec. 23, 2016.
- FAQs. Oley Foundation. https://oley.site-ym.com/?FAQ_LandingPage#HPN. Accessed Dec. 23, 2016.
- Wyllie R, et al., eds. Parenteral nutrition. In: Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.; Elsevier: 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 23, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Parenteral nutrition. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Baker RD, et al. Parenteral nutrition in infants and children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 23, 2016.
- Geert JA, et al. Parenteral approaches in malabsorption: Home parenteral nutrition. Best Practice & Research Clinical Gastroenterology. 2016;30:309.
- Brown AW.Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 18, 2017.
Home parenteral nutrition