Bruxism is the medical term for teeth grinding or clenching, especially during sleep or times of stress. Left untreated, it can damage your teeth.
Nightmares are usually harmless. Learn what causes nightmares — and what to do about them.
Feb. 28, 2014
- Stress in America report. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/stress/national-report.pdf. Accessed July 25, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. Stress management. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Sood A, et al. Stress management and resilience training among Department of Medicine faculty: A pilot randomized clinical trial. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2011;26:858.
- Wang AT, et al. Massage therapy after cardiac surgery. Seminars in Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery. 2010;22:225.
- Thomley BS, et al. Effects of a brief, comprehensive, yoga-based program on quality of life and biometric measures in an employee population: A pilot study. Explore. 2011;7:27.
- Bauer BA, et al. Effect of massage therapy on pain, anxiety, and tension after cardiac surgery: A randomized study. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. 2010;16:70.
- Loprinzi CE, et al. Stress Management and Resilience Training (SMART) program to decrease stress and enhance resilience among breast cancer survivors: A pilot randomized clinical trial. Clinical Breast Cancer. 2011;11:364.
- Sood A (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 25, 2013.
- Bauer BA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 25, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. Resilience training. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Practice. Complementary and Integrative Medicine Program. http://www.mayo.edu/research/centers-programs/complementary-integrative-medicine/complementary-integrative-medicine-program/practice. Accessed Oct. 7, 2013.