Oct. 26, 2016
- AskMayoExpert. Stress management and resiliency (adult). Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Bystritsky A, et al. Stress and anxiety: Counterpoints of the stress/anxiety complex. Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 2014;37:489.
- Five tips to help manage stress. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/manage-stress.aspx. Accessed Aug. 1, 2016.
- Bystritsky A. Complementary and alternative treatments for anxiety symptoms and disorders: Physical, cognitive, and spiritual interventions. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 1, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Resilience training. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Complementary and alternative medicine. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 1, 2016.
- Bonow RO, et al., eds. Integrative approaches to the management of patients with heart disease. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 1, 2016.
- Klainin-Yobas P, et al. Efficacy of psychosocial interventions on psychological outcomes among people with cardiovascular diseases: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Patient Education and Counseling. 2016;99:512.
- Mussallem DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. Aug. 3, 2016.
- Millstine DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz. Aug. 9, 2016.
- Sood A, et al. Stress management and resilience training among department of medicine faculty: A pilot randomized clinical trial. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2011;26:858.
- Loprinzi CE, et al. Stress management and resilience training (SMART) program to decrease stress and enhance resilience among breast cancer survivors: A pilot randomized clinical trial. Clinical Breast Cancer. 2011;11:364.