Follow your doctor's instructions about whether you should avoid use of inhaled breathing medications or other medications before the test. Other preparations include the following:
Jul. 11, 2014
- Wear loose clothing that won't interfere with your ability to take a deep breath.
- Avoid eating a large meal before your test, so it will be easier to breathe.
- What are lung function tests? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/lft/#. Accessed May 10, 2014.
- Mason RJ, et al. Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 10, 2014.
- McCormack MC. Office spirometry. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 10, 2014.