RisksBy Mayo Clinic Staff
There are no health risks associated with sperm donation.
June 13, 2015
- Third-party reproduction: Sperm, egg, and embryo donation and surrogacy. American Society for Reproductive Medicine. http://www.reproductivefacts.org/BOOKLET_Third-party_Reproduction/ Accessed May 19, 2015.
- Ginsburg ES, et al. Donor insemination. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 19, 2015.
- Intrauterine insemination. American Society for Reproductive Medicine. http://www.reproductivefacts.org/FACTSHEET_Intrauterine_Insemination_IUI/.Accessed May 19, 2015.
- Practice Committee of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, et al. Recommendations for gamete and embryo donation: A committee opinion. Fertility and Sterility. 2013;99:47.
- What you should know — Reproductive tissue donation. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/TissueSafety/ucm232876.htm?utm_campaign=Google2&utm_source=fdaSearch&utm_medium=website&utm_term=sperm donation&utm_content=5. Accessed May 19, 2015.