Epilepsy disrupts the normal electrical activity inside your brain. Symptoms and causes can vary, but medication is usually very effective.
Liver hemangioma is the most common type of noncancerous (benign) liver mass. Learn how doctors treat liver hemangioma.
Primary progressive aphasia is a rare neurological syndrome that slowly and progressively impairs language capabilities.
Feb. 20, 2014
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 16, 2013.
- Chen MY, et al. Basic Radiology. 2nd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=6671518. Accessed Sept. 16, 2013.
- Patel MR, et al. 2013 ACCF/ACR/ASE/ASNC/SCCT/SCMR appropriate utilization of cardiovascular imaging in heart failure. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2013;61:2207.
- Ziessman HA, et al. Nuclear Medicine: The Requisites. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 16, 2013.
- Nuclear imaging. National Cancer Institute. http://imaging.cancer.gov/patientsandproviders/cancerimaging/nuclearimaging. Accessed Sept. 16, 2013.
- Buck AK, et al. SPECT/CT. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. 2008;49:1305.
- Cardiac nuclear medicine. Radiological Society of North America. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=cardinuclear. Accessed Sept. 16, 2013.
- Radiation dose in X-ray and CT exams. Radiological Society of North America and the American College of Radiology. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/safety/index.cfm?pg=sfty_xray. Accessed Sept. 16, 2013.