- Experience. Mayo Clinic surgeons have experience conducting many types of robotic surgery and have performed thousands of procedures during more than 10 years. The surgical team who performs robotic surgery also has had training using the robotic system in Mayo Clinic's state-of-the-art simulation center.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in many areas perform robotic surgery. Doctors work together with staff in other areas to coordinate your care.
- Outcomes. People who have robotic surgery often experience less blood loss, less pain, a shorter hospital stay and a quicker recovery compared with those who've had open surgery.
- Treatment expertise. Mayo Clinic surgeons have expertise conducting robotic surgery to treat many complex conditions. Learn more about types of robotic surgery.
- Technology. Mayo Clinic surgeons use advanced technology and surgical techniques during robotic surgery.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors conduct research in robotic surgery to develop new techniques and new uses for robotic surgery to treat many complex conditions.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Nov. 23, 2011