- Experience and expertise. Robotic surgeries are complex procedures that require highly skilled and extensively trained surgeons. Mayo Clinic experts have used these techniques for decades in thousands of patients. This depth of experience helps doctors provide exactly the care you need.
- Teamwork. Mayo Clinic doctors in many specialties are trained in robotic surgery. They work together with staff in other areas to coordinate your care. During your surgery, doctors with expertise in robot-assisted techniques lead a trained surgical team.
- Advanced technology and research. People undergoing robot-assisted surgery at Mayo Clinic benefit from Mayo's advanced technology. In addition, Mayo Clinic researchers are committed to developing and sharing new robotic surgery techniques and evaluating their effectiveness.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for gynecology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for gynecology, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for gynecology by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for urology by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for urology by U.S. News & World Report.
Jan. 16, 2015
- Cooper M, et al. Hospital level under-utilization of minimally invasive surgery in the United States: Retrospective review. BMJ. 2014;349:g4198.
- Barbash GI, et al. New technology and health care costs — The case of robot-assisted surgery. New England Journal of Medicine. 2010;363:701.
- FY 2000 ODE Annual Report - Part 1 — Advances in Patient Care. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/aboutfda/centersoffices/officeofmedicalproductsandtobacco/cdrh/cdrhreports/ucm130260.htm. Accessed Oct. 17, 2014.
- Computer-assisted (robotic) surgical systems. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/SurgeryandLifeSupport/ComputerAssistedRoboticSurgicalSystems/default.htm. Accessed Oct. 17, 2014.
- Wright JD, et al. Robotically assisted vs laparoscopic hysterectomy among women with benign gynecologic disease. JAMA. 2013;309:689.
- Wright JD, et al. Comparative effectiveness of robotically assisted compared with laparoscopic adnexal surgery for benign gynecologic disease. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2014;124:886.