- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, men considering robotic prostatectomy are cared for by a multidisciplinary team of experts that collaborate on care. Team members may include urologists, radiologists, pathologists, oncologists and radiation oncologists.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic surgeons have extensive experience performing robotic prostatectomies. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors complete over 1,000 prostatectomies. Research shows operations performed by experienced surgeons tend to result in better outcomes and fewer complications.
- Expertise. Robotic prostatectomy is a complex procedure that requires highly skilled and extensively trained surgeons. Mayo Clinic doctors are specially trained in robotic surgery in order to provide you with the best care.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Jun. 24, 2014
- Smith JA, et al., eds. Hinman's Atlas of Urologic Surgery. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 18, 2014.
- Healy KA, et al. Retropubic, laparoscopic or robotic radical prostatectomy: Is there any real difference? Seminars in Oncology. 2013;40:286.
- Moran PS, et al. Robot-assisted radical prostatectomy compared with open and laparoscopic approaches: A systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Urology. 2013;20:312.
- Prostate cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed April 18, 2014.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 4, 2014.
- Castle EP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz. April 22, 2014.