A broken nose, also called a nasal fracture, is a break or crack in a bone in your nose.
Deviated septum occurs when your nasal septum is significantly displaced to one side, making one nostril smaller than the other.
Aug. 13, 2013
- Nose surgery. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/nose-surgery-.html. Accessed May 16, 2013.
- Nose surgery. American Academy of Otolaryngology. http://www.entnet.org/HealthInformation/noseSurgery.cfm. Accessed May 18, 2013.
- Bagheri SC. Primary cosmetic rhinoplasty. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America. 2012;24:39.
- Septoplasty and turbinate surgery. American Rhinologic Society. http://care.american-rhinologic.org/septoplasty_turbinates. Accessed May 15, 2013.
- Flint PW, et al. Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05283-2..X0001-8--TOP&isbn=978-0-323-05283-2&uniqId=230100505-57. Accessed May 17, 2013.
- Q & A: Stop smoking. American Society of Anesthesiologists. http://www.lifelinetomodernmedicine.com/Anesthesia-Topics/QA-Stop-Smoking.aspx. Accessed May 17, 2013.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Surgery on the nose. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Hamilton GS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 30, 2013.