- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, an integrated, experienced team of specialists treat people who have reconstructive nose surgery. Your doctor will either be a facial plastic surgeon who is also an ear, nose and throat specialist (otorhinolaryngologist) or a plastic surgeon.
- Individualized care. Mayo Clinic's board-certified facial plastic surgeons or general plastic surgeons customize your nose surgery to your facial structure and needs.
- Expertise and experience. Mayo Clinic surgeons who have expertise and experience in the necessary surgical techniques will provide you with the most appropriate surgical options.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for ear, nose and throat by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for ear, nose and throat by U.S. News & World Report.
June 04, 2016
- Nose surgery. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/rhinoplasty.html. Accessed Jan. 15, 2016.
- Nose surgery. American Academy of Otolaryngology. http://www.entnet.org/HealthInformation/noseSurgery.cfm. Accessed Jan. 15, 2016.
- Bagheri SC. Primary cosmetic rhinoplasty. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America. 2012;24:39.
- Septoplasty and turbinate surgery. American Rhinologic Society. http://care.american-rhinologic.org/septoplasty_turbinates. Accessed Jan. 15, 2016.
- Flint PW, et al. Rhinoplasty. In: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 15, 2016.
- Stop smoking for surgery. American Society of Anesthesiologists. http://www.asahq.org/~/media/sites/asahq/files/public/resources/clinical-resources/asa_stop_smoking_patient_final.pdf. Accessed Jan. 15, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Surgery on the nose. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Hamilton GS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 15, 2016.
- Loyo M, et al. Revision rhinoplasty. Clinics in Plastic Surgery. 2016;43:177.