- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, an integrated, experienced team of specialists treat people who have reconstructive nose surgery. Your doctor will either be a facial plastic surgeon who is also an ear, nose and throat specialist (otorhinolaryngologist) or a plastic surgeon.
- Individualized care. Mayo Clinic's board-certified facial plastic surgeons or general plastic surgeons customize your nose surgery to your facial structure and needs.
- Expertise and experience. Mayo Clinic surgeons who have expertise and experience in the necessary surgical techniques will provide you with the most appropriate surgical options.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors continue research in optimizing surgical options for nose surgery.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Aug. 13, 2013
- Nose surgery. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/nose-surgery-.html. Accessed May 16, 2013.
- Nose surgery. American Academy of Otolaryngology. http://www.entnet.org/HealthInformation/noseSurgery.cfm. Accessed May 18, 2013.
- Bagheri SC. Primary cosmetic rhinoplasty. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America. 2012;24:39.
- Septoplasty and turbinate surgery. American Rhinologic Society. http://care.american-rhinologic.org/septoplasty_turbinates. Accessed May 15, 2013.
- Flint PW, et al. Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05283-2..X0001-8--TOP&isbn=978-0-323-05283-2&uniqId=230100505-57. Accessed May 17, 2013.
- Q & A: Stop smoking. American Society of Anesthesiologists. http://www.lifelinetomodernmedicine.com/Anesthesia-Topics/QA-Stop-Smoking.aspx. Accessed May 17, 2013.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Surgery on the nose. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Hamilton GS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 30, 2013.