- Dedicated program. The Complementary Integrative Medicine Program at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, offers resilience education and training to help you develop positive strategies to manage stress and foster resilience in your life. The program offers individual or group sessions in the Stress Management and Resiliency Training program.
- Innovative approach. Traditional resilience training often exceeds 40 hours. However, Mayo Clinic's integrative medicine specialists provide resilience education and training in one or two 90- to 120-minute sessions. The vast majority of people who have participated in Mayo's resilience training say they experienced significant and positive changes in their well-being and outlook on life.
- Integrated care. At Mayo Clinic, resilience education and training is integrated with other medical care to achieve well-being of the mind, body and spirit. Doctors take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your needs and then teach you the most appropriate resilience skills and strategies. Sessions are sometimes followed by DVD-based instruction in paced-breathing meditation.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
July 04, 2014
- Sood A. Train Your Brain Engage Your Heart Transform Your Life. Rochester, Minn.: Morning Dew Publications; 2010.
- The road to resilience. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/road-resilience.aspx. Accessed May 5, 2014.