Both external and internal radiation therapy have potential side effects.
Aug. 09, 2017
- Radiation therapy for breast cancer. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/detailedguide/breast-cancer-treating-radiation. Accessed Aug. 28, 2016.
- De Los Santos JF. Adjuvant radiation therapy for women with newly diagnosed, non-metastatic breast cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 16, 2016.
- Pierce LJ. Radiation therapy techniques for newly diagnosed, non-metastatic breast cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 16, 2016.
- Breast cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed May 5, 2016.
- Understanding radiation therapy. American Society of Clinical Oncology. http://www.cancer.net/navigating-cancer-care/how-cancer-treated/radiation-therapy/understanding-radiation-therapy. Accessed Aug. 28, 2016.
- Radiation therapy and you: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/radiation-therapy-and-you. Accessed Aug. 28, 2016.
Radiation therapy for breast cancer