You don't need to prepare for your pillar procedure unless your doctor requests that you start taking antibiotics before your appointment.
April 22, 2014
- Choi JH, et al. Efficacy of the Pillar implant in the treatment of snoring and mild-to-moderate obstructive sleep apnea: A meta-analysis. The Laryngoscope. 2013;123:269.
- What is sleep apnea? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/sleepapnea/. Accessed Dec. 16, 2013.
- Randerath WJ, et al. Non-CPAP therapies in obstructive sleep apnoea. European Respiratory Journal. 2011;37:1000.
- Beninati W. Treatment of adults with snoring. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 15, 2013.
- Nordgard S, et al. Palatal implants: A new method for the treatment of snoring. Acta Oto-laryngologica. 2004;124:970.
- Caples SM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 17, 2013.
- Caples SM, et al. Surgical modifications of the upper airway for obstructive sleep apnea in adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Sleep. 2010;33:1396.
- Carr AB (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 24, 2013.