Actinic keratosis is a skin growth that appears as a rough, scaly patch. Left untreated, skin cancer sometimes develops.
Reduce your risk of esophageal cancer by eating more fruits and vegetables.
Infant jaundice, a yellowing of the skin and eyes, is common after birth. Careful monitoring and treatment is important for preventing rare, but serious, complications.
Polymorphous light eruption is a sun-induced skin rash affecting people who develop a sensitivity to sunlight.
Though psoriasis can be uncomfortable and sometimes painful, you can take steps to improve your symptoms.
May 15, 2014
- Bolognia JL, et al. Dermatology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Limited; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Photodynamic therapy for cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Therapy/photodynamic. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Ernst A, et al. Photodynamic therapy of lung cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Yoon I, et al. Advance in photosensitizers and light deliver for photodynamic therapy. Clinical Endoscopy. 2013;46:7.
- Wolfsen HC, et al. Salvage photodynamic therapy for persistent esophageal cancer after chemoradiation therapy. Photodiagnosis & Photodynamic Therapy. 2006;3:11.
- Qumseya BJ, et al. Photodynamic therapy for Barrett's esophagus and esophageal carcinoma. Clinical Endoscopy. 2013;46:30.