Actinic keratosis is a skin growth that appears as a rough, scaly patch. Left untreated, skin cancer sometimes develops.
Dyshidrosis is a condition in which small, fluid-filled blisters occur on the palms of your hands or the soles of your feet, causing intense itching.
Reduce your risk of esophageal cancer by eating more fruits and vegetables.
Granuloma annulare is a chronic skin condition that causes raised, reddish or skin-colored bumps (lesions) that form ring patterns, usually on the hands and feet.
Infant jaundice, a yellowing of the skin and eyes, is common after birth. Careful monitoring and treatment is important for preventing rare, but serious, complications.
Lichen nitidus, a rare condition in which tiny bumps emerge on the skin, usually clears up without treatment.
Lichen planus is an inflammatory disorder that results in lesions on the skin or mucous membranes.
Wet macular degeneration is a severe form of age-related macular degeneration.
Polymorphous light eruption is a sun-induced skin rash affecting people who develop a sensitivity to sunlight.
Though psoriasis can be uncomfortable and sometimes painful, you can take steps to improve your symptoms.
May 15, 2014
- Bolognia JL, et al. Dermatology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Limited; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Photodynamic therapy for cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Therapy/photodynamic. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Ernst A, et al. Photodynamic therapy of lung cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Yoon I, et al. Advance in photosensitizers and light deliver for photodynamic therapy. Clinical Endoscopy. 2013;46:7.
- Wolfsen HC, et al. Salvage photodynamic therapy for persistent esophageal cancer after chemoradiation therapy. Photodiagnosis & Photodynamic Therapy. 2006;3:11.
- Qumseya BJ, et al. Photodynamic therapy for Barrett's esophagus and esophageal carcinoma. Clinical Endoscopy. 2013;46:30.