Tell your doctor:
- If you've ever had a bad allergic reaction
- If you've been sick recently or you have another medical condition, such as diabetes
- If you're taking any medications, vitamins or herbal supplements
- If you're pregnant or you think you might be pregnant
- If you're breast-feeding
- If you're afraid of enclosed spaces (claustrophobic)
Your doctor will give you detailed instructions on how to prepare for your scan. A general rule is to avoid strenuous exercise for a couple of days before the study and to stop eating a few hours before the scan.