Adenomyosis can cause painful, excessive bleeding during menstrual periods. Explore symptoms and treatment.
Bacterial vaginosis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatments and prevention of this common vaginal infection.
A Bartholin's cyst is a fluid-filled lump near the vaginal opening. It's rarely serious, but when infected, it can be painful.
Cervicitis, an inflammation of the cervix, can result from a sexually transmitted disease. You can take steps to reduce your risk.
Chronic pelvic pain is pain in your pelvic region — the area below your bellybutton and between your hips — that lasts six months or longer.
Endometrial cancer is one of the most common cancers in women. If detected early, this cancer is often successfully treated.
Endometriosis is a common and often painful disorder in which tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus grows outside your uterus.
Incompetent cervix — Overview covers symptoms, risks and treatment of weak cervical tissue during pregnancy.
Frequent urination and pelvic pain may indicate interstitial cystitis, a chronic bladder inflammation. There's no cure, but some treatments offer relief.
You're not alone. Many women experience a low libido at some point. Here's how to get your mojo back.
Miscarriage can be heartbreaking. It might help to understand possible causes and treatment options, as well as what to expect for the future.
At some point, many women experience painful intercourse — for many different reasons. Here's how to discuss the problem and get treatment.
Premature ovarian failure, an uncommon reproductive condition, can lead to infertility and other problems.
Preterm labor — Comprehensive overview covers the symptoms, treatment and prevention of preterm labor.
Uterine fibroids are noncancerous tumors of the uterus. Medical therapy and surgical procedures can shrink or remove uterine fibroids.
You don't have to accept vaginal problems as part of getting older. Discover treatment options.
Vaginal cancer is a rare cancer that typically occurs in older women.
Vaginal dryness is a common and uncomfortable condition — but there are effective ways to treat it.
Vaginitis is an irritating inflammation of the vagina often caused by fungi (yeasts), bacteria or parasites. Treatment depends on the type of vaginitis you have.
Which health threats loom largest in your life? Find out how to reduce your risk.
Yeast infection (vaginal) — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatments, home remedies for vaginal yeast infections.
May. 09, 2014
- LeBlond RF, et al. DeGowin's Diagnostic Examination. 9th ed. New York, N.Y.: TheMcGraw-Hill Companies; 2009. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=534. Accessed Jan. 23, 2014.
- Frequently asked questions: Especially for teens FAQ150. Your first gynecological visit. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/For_Patients. Accessed Jan. 23, 2014.
- Frequently asked questions: Gynelogical problems FAQ161. Understanding abnormal pap test results. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/For_Patients. Accessed Jan. 23, 2014.
- Carusi DA, et al. The gynecologic history and pelvic examination. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 23, 2014.
- Bates CK, et al. The challenging pelvic examination. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2011;26:651.