Researchers conduct ongoing research in the evaluation and treatment of pediatric cervical bone abnormalities, pediatric cervical spine surgery and other types of pediatric neurosurgery. Read more about neurosurgery research on the neurosurgery research website.
June 14, 2017
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Back and neck pain. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Dec. 8, 2016.
- Caviness AC. Evaluation of cervical spine injuries in children and adolescents. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 8, 2016.
- Madura CJ, et al. Classification and management of pediatric subaxial cervical spine injuries. Neurosurgery Clinics of North America. 2017;28:91.
- Bhatia NN. Long-term outcomes and complications following anterior and posterior cervical spine surgery. Seminars in Spine Surgery. 2009;21:177.
- Preparing for surgery. American Society of Anesthesiologists. http://www.asahq.org/whensecondscount/patients%20home/preparing%20for%20surgery. Accessed Dec. 8, 2017.
- Riggs EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 7, 2016.
- Wetjen NM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 16, 2016.
- Luo TD, et al. Accuracy of pedicle screw placement in children 10 years or younger using navigation and intraoperative CT. Clinical Spine Surgery. 2016;29:E135.
- Daniels DJ, et al. High occurrence of head and spine injuries in the pediatric population following motocross accidents. Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics. 2015;15:261.
Pediatric cervical spine surgery