- Experience. Mayo Clinic specialists have experience performing cervical spine surgery on children. Each year, Mayo surgeons perform more than 40 of these procedures.
- Expertise. At Mayo Clinic surgeons specializing in children's brain and spine disorders (pediatric neurosurgeons) work with orthopedic surgeons and pediatricians to treat children with cervical spine problems.
- Technology. Mayo Clinic surgeons use the latest techniques for cervical spine surgery, including minimally invasive approaches and detailed imaging during surgery to guide the procedure.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery and for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery and for orthopedics.
April 26, 2014
- Hervey-Jumper SL, et al. Neurological management of congenital malformations and inherited disease of the spine. Neuroimaging Clinics of North America. 2011;21:719.
- Wetjen NM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 30, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. What is the management protocol for a pediatric cervical spine injury? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Rozzelle CJ, et al. Management of pediatric cervical spine and spinal cord injuries. Neurosurgery. 2013;72:205.