- Experience. Mayo Clinic specialists have experience performing cervical spine surgery on children. Each year, Mayo surgeons perform more than 40 of these procedures.
- Expertise. At Mayo Clinic surgeons specializing in children's brain and spine disorders (pediatric neurosurgeons) work with orthopedic surgeons and pediatricians to treat children with cervical spine problems.
- Technology. Mayo Clinic surgeons use the latest techniques for cervical spine surgery, including minimally invasive approaches and detailed imaging during surgery to guide the procedure.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for neurology and neurosurgery and among the Best Hospitals for orthopedics in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery and for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for neurology and neurosurgery and for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery and for orthopedics.
April 26, 2014
- Hervey-Jumper SL, et al. Neurological management of congenital malformations and inherited disease of the spine. Neuroimaging Clinics of North America. 2011;21:719.
- Wetjen NM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 30, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. What is the management protocol for a pediatric cervical spine injury? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Rozzelle CJ, et al. Management of pediatric cervical spine and spinal cord injuries. Neurosurgery. 2013;72:205.