- Heart rhythm disorders expertise. Doctors with expertise in heart rhythm disorders evaluate and treat people with heart rhythm disorders in the Heart Rhythm Clinic at Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic doctors implant nearly 2,000 pacemakers each year.
- Heart rhythm disorders research. Mayo Clinic doctors actively conduct research in heart rhythm disorders and new implantable devices and conduct clinical trials.
- Comprehensive cardiovascular treatment and research. Doctors in Mayo Clinic's Cardiovascular Research Center are focused on developing cutting-edge diagnostic tests and innovative treatments for people with cardiovascular disease.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic campuses are nationally recognized for expertise in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery:
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing by U.S. News & World Report.
With Mayo Clinic's emphasis on collaborative care, specialists at each of the campuses — Minnesota, Arizona and Florida — interact very closely with colleagues at the other campuses and the Mayo Clinic Health System.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiac surgery and cardiovascular diseases departments' expertise and rankings.