ResultsBy Mayo Clinic Staff
After your bandages are removed, you'll notice an immediate change in the appearance of your ears. These changes are permanent.
If you're not satisfied with your results, check with your surgeon about the possibility of revision surgery.
Nov. 30, 2016
- Otoplasty. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/Cosmetic-Procedures/Ear-Surgery.html. Accessed June 16, 2015.
- Ear surgery. The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. http://www.aafprs.org/patient/procedures/otoplasty.html. Accessed June 16, 2015.
- Handler ET, et al. Complications of otoplasty. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinic of North America. 2013; 21:653. Review.
- Flint PW, et al. Otoplasty. In: Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 16, 2015.
- Bite U (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 14, 2015.