Lynch syndrome, an uncommon disorder caused by genetic defects, predisposes a person to develop colon cancer and other forms of cancer.
Recognizing the early signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer and exploring new treatment options may increase your chances of surviving this deadly disease.
Find out what to consider and what to ask your doctor when deciding whether to undergo surgery to prevent ovarian and breast cancers.
Apr. 24, 2014
- Hoffman BL, et al. Williams Gynecology. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. ttp://accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=768. Accessed Dec. 3, 2013
- DeCherney AH, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment Obstetrics & Gynecology. 11th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=788. Accessed Dec. 3, 2013.
- Valea FA, et al. Oophorectomy and ovarian cystectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 9, 2013.
- Tomasso SK, et al. Incidence, time trends, laterality, indications, and pathological findings of unilateral oophorectomy before menopause. Menopause. In press. Accessed Dec. 9, 2013.
- Finch A, et al. Quality of life and health status after prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy in women who carry a BRCA mutation: A review. Maturitas. 2011;70:261.
- Lentz GM, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 9, 2013.
- Mann WJ. Overview of preoperative evaluation and preparation for gynecologic surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 9, 2013.
- Krill LS, et al. Robotic surgery: Gynecology oncology. The Cancer Journal. 2013;19;167.
- Magrina JF, et al. Robotic approach for ovarian cancer: Perioperative and survival results and comparison with laparoscopy and laparotomy. Gynecologic Oncology. 2011;121:100.