- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. Mayo Clinic doctors are constantly evaluating and refining new technologies, including optimal use of laparoscopy and the surgical robot.
- Ongoing research. Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers in urology are actively involved in research on the technique and outcomes of neobladder reconstruction. Research examples include studying outcomes after neobladder reconstruction to better understand the procedure's safety and long-term effectiveness, and working on development of new bladder substitutions that don't require the use of a bowel segment.
- Nationally recognized expertise. Mayo Clinic is a member of the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, a national clinical research group that conducts top-quality trials aimed at controlling, treating and preventing cancer.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
March 09, 2017
- AskMayoExpert. Urinary diversion. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Wein AJ, et al., eds. Orthotopic urinary diversion. In: Campbell-Walsh Urology. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 7, 2016.
- Shariat SF, et al. Urinary diversion and reconstruction following cystectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 16, 2016.
- McAninch JW, et al., eds. Urinary diversion and bladder substitutions. Smith & Tanagho's General Urology. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Nov. 17, 2016.
- Preparing for surgery. American Society for Anesthesiologists. http://www.asahq.org/whensecondscount/patients%20home/preparing%20for%20surgery. Accessed Nov. 7, 2016.
- Nicita G, et al. Use of sigmoid colon in orthotopic neobladder reconstruction: Long-term results. International Journal of Urology. 2016;1.
- Hansen MH, et al. The use of bowel in urologic reconstructive surgery. Surgical Clinics of North America. 2016;96:567.
- Member institutions. Alliance for Clinical Trials. https://www.allianceforclinicaltrialsinoncology.org/main/public/standard.xhtml?path=%2FPublic%2FInstitutions. Accessed Nov. 17, 2016.