- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, urologists work closely with specialists in medical oncology and radiation oncology to ensure that you receive the most comprehensive and supportive care possible. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic's highly skilled urologic surgeons have been creating neobladders after cystectomy for almost 25 years.
- Expertise. Neobladder reconstruction is a complex procedure that requires highly skilled and extensively trained surgeons. Mayo Clinic doctors are specially trained in urologic procedures in order to provide you with the best care.
- Access to the latest. Mayo doctors are leaders in urologic clinical research, including examining the most effective techniques for creating neobladders. This research enables Mayo Clinic to offer the most advanced urologic treatments available.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Learn more about bladder cancer.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Jan. 15, 2015
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 30, 2014.
- Boorjian SA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 6, 2014.
- Tollefson MK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Dec. 6, 2014.
- Shariat SF, et al. Urinary diversion and reconstruction following cystectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 6, 2014.