A neck lift is a cosmetic procedure that removes excess fat around your jaw line, creating a more defined and youthful-looking neck. A neck lift is often done as part of a face-lift. Results can be long lasting if you maintain your weight.
April 11, 2014
- Thorne CH, et al. Grabb and Smith's Plastic Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Wolters Kluwer Health Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2007:1.
- Bailey BJ, et al. Head & Neck Surgery — Otolaryngology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2006:1.
- Facelift surgery. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/facelift.html?sub=Facelift%20procedure%20steps. Accessed Nov. 15, 2013.
- Bitner JB, et al. Direct submentoplasty for neck rejuvenation. Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery. 2007;9:194.
- Mejia JD, et al. Isolated management of the aging neck. Seminars in Plastic Surgery. 2009;23:264.
- Arroyave E. Understanding Cosmetic Procedures: Surgical and Nonsurgical. Clifton Park, N.Y.: Milady; 2006:99.
- Fattahi T. Submental liposuction versus isolated cervicoplasty: Which one to choose? Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2012;70:2854.
- Brewer JD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 19, 2013.