Although the absence of menstruation (amenorrhea) is seldom serious, the condition can often be linked to an underlying problem requiring treatment.
When you're breast-feeding, medications aren't necessarily off-limits — but caution is important. Get answers to common questions about breast-feeding and medications.
Fibrocystic breasts feel lumpy, and they're prone to soreness before your period. They're sometimes uncomfortable, but fibrocystic breast changes are common.
Nov. 26, 2014
- Hatcher RA, et al. Contraceptive Technology. 20th ed. New York, N.Y.: Ardent Media; 2011:249.
- Cunningham FG, et al. Williams Obstetrics. 23rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=46. Accessed Sept. 27, 2014.
- Kaunitz AM. Progestin-only pills (POPs) for contraception. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 27, 2014.
- Espey E, et al. Effect of progestin vs. combined oral contraceptive pills on lactation: A double-blind randomized controlled trial. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2012;119:5.
- Harms RW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. October 16, 2014.