Stressed out? Try meditation. Learn easy, quick techniques that you can use at work, waiting in line or virtually anywhere.
Parkinson's disease can cause problems with walking, swallowing, balance and coordination. Although there's no cure, drug and surgical therapies can effectively treat symptoms.
July 02, 2014
- Meditation for health purposes. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/meditation/. Accessed April 9, 2014.
- Flugel Colle KF, et al. Measurement of quality of life and participant experience with the mindfulness-based stress reduction program. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. 2010;16:36.
- Cutshall SM, et al. Evaluation of a biofeedback-assisted meditation program as a stress management tool for hospital nurses: A pilot study. Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing. 2011;7:110.
- Wahner-Roedler D, et al. Meditation to reduce stress and improve quality of life: A feasibility study. Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing. 2009;5:148.
- Sivasankaran S, et al. The effect of a six-week program of yoga and meditation on brachial artery reactivity: Do psychosocial interventions affect vascular tone? Clinical Cardiology. 2006;29:393.
- Grossman P, et al. Mindfulness training as an intervention for fibromyalgia: Evidence of postintervention and 3-year follow-up benefits in well-being. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. 2007;76:226.
- Keefer L, et al. The effects of relaxation response meditation on the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome: Results of a controlled treatment study. Behaviour Research and Therapy. 2001;39:801.
- Keefer L, et al. A one year follow-up of relaxation response meditation as a treatment for irritable bowel syndrome. Behaviour Research and Therapy. 2002;40:541.