Gynecomastia, enlarged breasts in males, is a common problem. Find out about treatments and how to cope.
Inflammatory breast cancer occurs when cancer cells clog lymphatic vessels in the skin of the breast. It's a rare but deadly form of cancer.
Invasive lobular carcinoma is a form of breast cancer that develops in a milk-producing lobule of breast tissue.
For male breast cancer, awareness and early diagnosis are key to successful treatment.
Paget's disease of the breast is a form of breast cancer that involves the nipple. Understand treatment options for this rare breast cancer.
The decision to have prophylactic mastectomy is never taken lightly. If you're at high risk of breast cancer, though, this surgery may help protect you.
Oct. 22, 2014
- Breast cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/breast/healthprofessional. Accessed June 19, 2014.
- Breast cancer risk reduction. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed June 18, 2014.
- Delaney CP. Netter's Surgical Anatomy and Approaches. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 18, 2014.
- Townsend CM Jr., et al. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed June 18, 2014.
- Surgery for breast cancer. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/breastcancer/detailedguide/breast-cancer-treating-surgery. Accessed Sept. 14, 2014.
- Kwong A, et al. Mastectomy: Indications, types, and concurrent axillary lymph node management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 14, 2014.