Atypical hyperplasia is one link in the chain of progression toward breast cancer. Learn how having this condition increases your breast cancer risk.
Breast cancer is the disease that many women fear most. But early detection and lifestyle changes may reduce your risk.
Gynecomastia, enlarged breasts in males, is a common problem. Find out about treatments and how to cope.
Inflammatory breast cancer occurs when cancer cells clog lymphatic vessels in the skin of the breast. It's a rare but deadly form of cancer.
Invasive lobular carcinoma is a form of breast cancer that develops in a milk-producing lobule of breast tissue.
For male breast cancer, awareness and early diagnosis are key to successful treatment.
Paget's disease of the breast is a form of breast cancer that involves the nipple. Understand treatment options for this rare breast cancer.
The decision to have prophylactic mastectomy is never taken lightly. If you're at high risk of breast cancer, though, this surgery may help protect you.
Oct. 26, 2011
- Breast cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/breast/healthprofessional/AllPages. Accessed Aug. 18, 2011.
- Breast cancer risk reduction. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Aug. 18, 2011.
- Modified radical and total mastectomy. In: Khatri VP, et al. Operative Surgery Manual. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2003. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B0-7216-7864-5..X5001-9&isbn=0-7216-7864-5&uniqId=273959611-3. Accessed Aug. 18, 2011.
- Iglehart JD, et al. Diseases of the breast. In: Townsend CM Jr., et al. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 18th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1565/0.html. Accessed Aug. 18, 2011.
- Surgery for breast cancer. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/BreastCancer/DetailedGuide/breast-cancer-treating-surgery. Accessed Aug. 18, 2011.