Before an MRE exam, eat normally and continue to take your usual medications, unless otherwise instructed.
You will be asked to change into a gown and to remove:
- Hearing aids
- Underwire bras
Aug. 02, 2017
- Zhang N, et al. Quantification of regional aortic stiffness using MR elastography: A phantom and ex-vivo porcine aorta study. Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2016;34:91.
- Tang A, et al. Ultrasound elastography and MR elastography for assessing liver fibrosis: Part 2, diagnostic performance, confounders, and future directions. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2015;205:33.
- Tang A, et al. Ultrasound elastography and MR elastography for assessing liver fibrosis: Part 1, principles and techniques. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2015;205:22.
- Hiscox LV, et al. Magnetic resonance elastography (MRE) of the human brain: Technique, findings and clinical applications. Physics in Medicine & Biology. 2016;61:R401.
- Winn RH. Physiologic evaluation of the brain with magnetic resonance imaging. In: Youmans and Winn Neurological Surgery. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier, 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 4, 2017.
- Wagner M. Technical failure of MR elastography examinations of the liver: Experience from a large single-center study. Radiology. In press. Accessed April 4, 2017.
- Huber A, et al. State-of-the-art imaging of liver fibrosis and cirrhosis: A comprehensive review of current applications and future perspectives. European Journal of Radiology Open. 2015: 90.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) safety. RadiologyInfo.org. https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=safety-mr. Accessed Apr. 13, 2017.
- Low G, et al. General review of magnetic resonance elastography. World Journal of Radiology. 2016;8:59.
- Brown A. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 22, 2016.
Magnetic resonance elastography