How you prepareBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Before an MRE exam, eat normally and continue to take your usual medications, unless otherwise instructed. You will be asked to change into a gown and to remove:
June 06, 2014
- Hearing aids
- Underwire bras
- AskMayoExpert. What is magnetic resonance elastography (MRE) and what are the indications for an MRE examination? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Venkatesh SK, et al. Magnetic resonance elastography of liver: Clinical applications. Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography. 2013;37:887.
- Venkatesh SK, et al. Magnetic resonance elastography of liver: Technique, analysis, and clinical applications. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2013;37:544.
- Glaser KJ, et al. Review of MR elastography applications and recent developments. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2012;36:757.
- Curry MP, et al. Tests used for the noninvasive assessment of hepatic fibrosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 30, 2014.
- De Souza DAT, et al. Modern imaging evaluation of the liver: Emerging MR imaging techniques and indications. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Clinics of North America. 2013;21:337.
- Patient safety: Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). RadiologyInfo.org. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/safety/index.cfm?pg=sfty_mr. Accessed Feb. 6, 2014.
- Korsmo MJ, et al. Magnetic resonance elastography noninvasively detects in-vivo renal medullary fibrosis secondary to swine renal artery stenosis. Investigative Radiology. 2013;48:61.