Hirsutism refers to excessive hair growth in women. Possibly a result of elevated male hormones, hirsutism is often caused by an underlying condition.
Most moles are harmless and don't need treatment. But it's good to examine your moles regularly. In rare cases, moles can become cancerous.
May. 10, 2012
- Shenenberger DW. Removal of unwanted hair. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Feb. 3, 2012.
- Haedersdal M, et al. Laser and intense pulsed light hair removal technologies: From professional to home use. British Journal of Dermatology. 2011;165:31.
- Do's and don'ts for laser hair removal. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. http://www.asds.net/DosAndDontsLaserHairRemoval.aspx. Accessed Feb. 6, 2012.
- Laser hair removal information. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. http://www.asds.net/LaserHairRemovalInformation.aspx. Accessed Feb. 6, 2012.
- Casey AS, et al. Guidelines for laser hair removal. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy. 2008;10:24.
- Wanitphakdeedecha R, et al. Physical means of treating unwanted hair. Dermatologic Therapy. 2008;21:392.
- Haedersdal M, et al. Hair removal. Current Problems in Dermatology. 2011;42:111.
- Gibson LE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 16, 2012.