Hirsutism refers to excessive hair growth in women. Possibly a result of elevated male hormones, hirsutism is often caused by an underlying condition.
April 10, 2015
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Lasers and flashlamps in dermatology. In: Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 10, 2015.
- Shenenberger DW. Removal of unwanted hair. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 10, 2015.
- Gan SD, et al. Laser hair removal: A review. Dermatologic Surgery. 2013;39:823.
- Haedersdal M, et al. Laser and intense pulsed light hair removal technologies: From professional to home use. British Journal of Dermatology. 2011;165:31.
- Laser hair removal. American Academy of Dermatology. https://www.aad.org/media-resources/stats-and-facts/cosmetic-treatments/laser-hair-removal. Accessed March 10, 2015.
- Laser hair removal information. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. https://www.asds.net/LaserHairRemovalInformation.aspx. Accessed March 14, 2015.
- Hession MT, et al. A review of hand-held, home-use cosmetic laser and light devices. Dermatologic Surgery. 2015;41:307.
- Golden, AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 7, 2015.