- Experience. Mayo Clinic cosmetic surgery specialists perform hundreds of laser hair removal treatments each year.
- Expertise. At Mayo Clinic, laser hair removal is performed only by board-certified doctors or physician assistants trained in cosmetic surgery.
- Advanced technology. Mayo Clinic uses the safest and most advanced hair-removal systems available.
- Time for you. Your Mayo Clinic specialist take time to discuss options and answer your questions about laser hair removal.
- Efficient care. At Mayo Clinic, your appointments are coordinated, so you usually can complete your evaluation and treatment in a few days.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
May. 10, 2012
- Shenenberger DW. Removal of unwanted hair. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Feb. 3, 2012.
- Haedersdal M, et al. Laser and intense pulsed light hair removal technologies: From professional to home use. British Journal of Dermatology. 2011;165:31.
- Do's and don'ts for laser hair removal. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. http://www.asds.net/DosAndDontsLaserHairRemoval.aspx. Accessed Feb. 6, 2012.
- Laser hair removal information. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. http://www.asds.net/LaserHairRemovalInformation.aspx. Accessed Feb. 6, 2012.
- Casey AS, et al. Guidelines for laser hair removal. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy. 2008;10:24.
- Wanitphakdeedecha R, et al. Physical means of treating unwanted hair. Dermatologic Therapy. 2008;21:392.
- Haedersdal M, et al. Hair removal. Current Problems in Dermatology. 2011;42:111.
- Gibson LE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 16, 2012.